Thursday 26 January 2012

Thursday Night Back With Chris

Over the last 10 days my running has been done without my running buddy Chris. Having some sort of unexplained niggle he decided it was best to rest up for a while. Tonight was our first run together since his "rest". The general consensus for the evenings run would be a quick, high intensity run around the Polo Fields in Aldershot. A lap being approx 2.61 miles. So this would be a 5.2 mile run. We decided to run at a tempo which should be around 8ish minute miles. So off we went. The best I had managed to run the loop was 47minutes 25 seconds. Tonight I managed to clock 45minutes 20seconds. And if it wasn't for people in cars being in a rush to get home , rather than let us cross the road at the roundabouts, I probably would of been under 45minutes. It was a tough and enjoyable, run all bit it cold, especially on the thumbs!

Its now only 2 months away until my first half marathon in 13 years. Ive entered this years Asiscs Fleet Half Marathon in March. As per the last two Bupa Great South Runs, I've decided to raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. If you would like to sponsor me and help me hit my target of £500, please visit my Just Giving page www.justgiving.com/DennisCartwright or hit the link at the top of the page. Any amount of money is 100% appreciated! You can also text DENS77 £5 to 70070. Please then follow the link and leave me a message!n I would also really appreciate if you could encourage family and friends to possibly sponsor me or even read this blog.

Thank You

Den x

No comments:

Post a Comment